The MCP3202,3204,and 3208 will work in the range from 2.7V to 5V. This ADC’s serial interface allows you to minimize microcontroller I/O pin usage while still delivering sampling rates of up to 100 ksps. The MCP A to D chips are economically priced compared to the other A to D chips.
The Microchip Technology Inc. MCP3204/3208 devices are successive approximation 12-bit Analog-to-Digital (A/D) Converters with on-board sample and hold circuitry. The MCP3204 is programmable to provide two pseudo-differential input pairs or four single-ended inputs. The MCP3208 is programmable to provide four pseudo-differential input pairs or eight single-ended inputs.
- 12-Bit Resolution
- SPI serial interface (modes 0,0 and 1,1)
- Analog inputs programmable as single-ended or pseudo-differential pairs
- Up to 100ksps Sampling Rate (50ksps for 2.7v, 100ksps for 5v)
- 14-Pin Narrow DIP
- Low power CMOS technology
- Power requirements: 2.7V to +5.5 VDC
- Communication: SPI serial interface (modes 0,0 and 1,1)
- Dimensions: .750 X 0.310 X .130 in (9.27 X 7.87 X 19.05 mm)
- Operating temp range: -40 to +185 °F (-40°C to +85 °C)