The P8X32A QuickStart is a simple and accessible development platform for the P8X32A Propeller microcontroller.
The QuickStart is an evaluation board for the Propeller. As an open-source reference design the QuickStart board provides basic Propeller circuitry. Developers may use our PCB layout files as their own to speed their project towards completion. As a project board the QuickStart is fully expandable and provides unimpeded access to all I/O pins through an expansion header but includes some button inputs and LEDs to demonstrate programming. With USB power and a selection of QuickStart Project examples it's also the fastest way to get up and running.
- Propeller P8X32A microcontroller
- Expansion header provides access to Vss, Vdd, 32 I/O pins
- 5 MHz crystal on board may be disabled by removing SMT jumper, allowing replacement with external through-hole crystal
- Eight resistive touch buttons
- Eight buffered LEDs
- Reference design
- Development platform
- Embedded processor board
- Open hardware reference design through our Altium and DipTrace PCB layout files (more export options may be possible)
- Bus-powered USB coupled with 3.3V regulator for 500 mA
- 64KB EEPROM (32K for P8X32A program, 32K for general-purpose use)
- External brownout reset may be installed by removing SMT jumper
- Pads for sigma-delta A/D circuitry (two resistors and two capacitors, both 0603) for using the Sigma-Delta A/D AppNote
- Power Requirements: 3.3 or 4 to 9 VDC, up to 500 mA
- Communication: USB, 3.3 V serial, I2C
- Dimensions: 2.0 x 3.0 x 0.36 in (5.0 x 7.6 x 0.84 cm) mounting hole centers separated by 3.5 x 1.0 in (88.9 x 25.4 mm)
- Operating temp range: -40 to +185 °F (-40 to +85 °C)
Note: Visit Parallax Semiconductor for the most recent downloads and support files.