XBee modules provide an incredibly versatile RF communication solution for BASIC Stamp and Propeller microcontroller projects, and this kit helps you get started.Ready to use for bi-directional, point-to-point communication in their default state, XBee modules can also support complex networking with additional configuration via serial commands sent from your microcontroller, or through Digi’s free X-CTU software.
The tutorial introduces basic and advanced setups with XBee 802.15.4 projects you can do on your desktop. It features both BASIC Stamp (PBASIC) and Propeller (Spin) code examples, allowing you to see similar code running in both of these Parallax microcontrollers. Subjects include XBee testing and configuration, network topologies and communication strategies, and using XBee Reset, Sleep, and API modes.The XBee 802.15.4 Starter Kit includes the printed tutorial and the hardware required to complete the activities in Chapters 1 through 6, on your own BASIC Stamp or Propeller microcontroller development boards (sold separately).
- Getting Started with XBee RF Modules text
- 3 - 802.15.4 XBee 1 mW modules
- 2 - XBee SIP Adapter Boards
- 1 - XBee USB Adapter Board
- 2 - XBee Adapter Boards
- Standard servo, pushbutton, piezospeaker, LEDs, and light sensor for I/O
- Capacitor, resistors, and jumper wires
- Soldering is required to assembly the XBee Adapter Board and XBee USB Adapter Board.
- Chapter 7 includes optional activities for the Boe-Bot Robot and other sensors and accessories, and Chapter 8 includes setup instructions for XBee ZB modules; additional hardware required is not included.
- Also note 802.15.4 and ZB modules are unable to communicate with each other due to protocol differences; please refer to our XBee Comparison Chart to note differences in the modules and compatibility.
StampPlot Pro Software - 18.69 MB | updated: 10 Jun 2013 - 9:46 am
Getting Started with XBee RF Modules text - 5.87 MB | updated: 08 Oct 2012 - 1:18 pm
Getting Started with XBee errata - 33.36 KB | updated: 08 Oct 2012 - 1:19 pm
Getting Started with XBee RF Modules source code - 114.76 KB | updated: 08 Oct 2012 - 1:21 pm