FreeM is a wireless controller and power supply for the BlinkMs. It's a completely standalone deployment, programming and control of BlinkM smart LEDs. It's like an invisible wire linking a LinkM to BlinkMs. It's designed to work transparently with the rest of the BlinkM product line.
It's perfect for wearables, architectural lighting, stage sets, RC car lights, or anywhere else that's difficult to get to. Plus, as a bonus, it works with any TV remote that supports the SICS (Sony remote control) protocol, which includes nearly every universal remote made. Using basic TV remote keys it'll turn BlinkMs off and on, change their brightness and hue, and run user-definable scripts.
When used with CtrlM, FreeM acts as one end of “virtual wire” connecting a LinkM USB adapter or Arduino to BlinkMs mounted in locations where data cabling is impossible or undesirable
- Every FreeM can control an arbitrary number of BlinkM devices
- Built in power supply with 9V battery connector for portability
- Firmware upgradable for custom applications
- Wireless I2C controller for all BlinkM products up to 45 feet (14m) away
- Power Requirements: Plugs into standard 9V battery
- Communication Interface: Supports all BlinkM I2C commands and 12-bit SICS (Sony) TV remote protocol
- Dimensions: 1 x .7 x .62 (inch) 2.5 x 1.7 x 1.5 (cm)