Once assembled, the SD Card Adapter Kit allows you to easily connect an SD Flash Memory Card to your Propeller chip or other microcontroller (not compatible with the BASIC Stamp). This adapter contains the components required for an SPI interface between the host microcontroller and an SD memory card.
The SD Card Adapter Kit includes a card detect switch which allows you to detect when a memory card is physically present in the socket. It also includes a R/W switch to determine the read/write status of the inserted card, preventing accidental loss of data. Mounting holes are available so you can install the adapter in your application.
- Contains all components necessary for interfacing with a microcontroller
- Includes mounting holes for end use in application
- Card detect switch allows detection of memory card insertion
- SIP header makes breadboard use easy
- Add mass storage to an existing project
- Audio player project
Note: This products comes as a kit and requires soldering. The socket and resistors are surface mount while the header is through hole. A person experienced at soldering should be able to solder the SMD parts which consist of eight 1206 package resistors and the SD socket itself.
- Voltage requirements: 3.3 VDC
- Current requirements: N/A (varies with card)
- Communication: SPI
- Dimensions: 1.70 x 1.74 x 0.52 in (43.2 x 44.2 x 13.2 mm)
- Operating temp range: +32°F to +158°F (0°C to +70°C)