The Propeller Mini is a low-cost solution for embedding a multi-core microcontroller system in those hard-to-reach places or small sized projects where a full-sized development board is not practical. The board is small in size and component count, all while having the necessary features that you would expect from in a control board.
You can solder the included header onto the Propeller Mini and be ready for breadboarding out of the bag. You also have the option of soldering your project's wire leads directly to the through holes on the board, to keep the control system for your project small. Or, solder sockets onto the Propeller Mini so it can plug into a proto board containing your sensors and other components. With any of these choices, you can have a complete prototyping system or project while maintaining a small footprint.
- Propeller P8X32A-M44 multi-core microcontroller
- 64 KB EEPROM for program storage*
- Fixed 5 V 1 A and 3.3 V 400 mA regulators can power devices such as sensors, LCD display, or a servo
- Removable 5 MHz crystal can be replaced with other values
- Access to 19 digital I/O for control and communication with sensors and other devices
*Boards purchased before January 21, 2014 feature a 32 KB EEPROM rather than 64 KB.
Note: A Propeller Plug (#32201) is required for programming the Propeller Mini, and is not included in the package.
CAUTION: Although it is of a similar size and form factor, the Propeller Mini is not pin-compatible nor code-compatible with the discontinued Spin Stamp (Parallax #SS1-IC). Do not attempt to plug a Propeller Mini into any socket meant for a 24-pin BASIC Stamp module.
- 3.3 VDC regulated output @ 400 mA max
- 5 VDC regulated output @ 600 mA max
- Voltage requirements: Regulated 6.5–12 VDC though VIN pin
- Communication: Propeller Plug for programming (#32210, not included)
- Dimensions: 0.81 x 1.52 in (20.5 x 38.6 mm)
- Operating temp range: -40 to +185 °F (-40 to +85 °C)