Discontinued and replaced with the VPN1513 Smart GPS Module with External Antenna (#28510).
The VPN1513 GPS Receiver with Antenna from SimplyTronics provides a high quality, highly sensitive GPS solution for microcontroller applications. The high-performance SiRF III chipset features 20 parallel satellite tracking channels for fast acquisition of NMEA0183 data. The compact board with 5-pin SIP header is ready to integrate into your robotics navigation or telemetry projects.
- Outputs raw NMEA0183 data strings for your microcontroller application to parse
- Fast satellite acquisition during a cold startup
- 1 Hz navigation refresh rate for mobile applications
- On-board rechargeable battery for memory backup
- Extra pads are provided for optional permanent soldered connections
- 3 meter (9.8 ft) active antenna with SMA connector for reliable use under extreme vibration conditions
- Robotic navigation and positioning
- Fleet management
- Automotive navigation
Note: This item is not backwards-compatible with the discontinued Parallax VPN1513 GPS Receiver Module with MCX connector antenna (#28506).
- 5-pin SIP header with 0.1" spacing
- 20 satellite tracking channels
- On-board 3.3 V regulator
- Voltage requirements: 3.3 to 5 VDC
- Current requirements: 60 mA @ 5 V
- Communication: 3.3 V asynchronous serial @ 9600 bps, 8N1
- Accuracy: Position: 10 meters, 2D RMS 5 meters, 2D RMS ,WAAS enabled; Velocity: 0.1 m/s; Time: 1us synchronized to GPS time
- Dimensions: 27 x 55 x 6 mm
- Operating temp range: -22 to +185 °F (-30 to +85 °C)
VPN1513 GPS Datasheet - 1.01 MB | updated: 21 Sep 2012 - 12:51 pm
VPN1513 GPS Receiver w/ Antenna Arduino Example Code - 21.64 KB | updated: 13 Feb 2013 - 10:11 am
VPN1513 GPS Receiver with Antenna Propeller Spin Example Code - 27.4 KB | updated: 13 Feb 2013 - 10:13 am