The Scribbler 2 Robot Badge Kit introduces soldering and DIY assembly to young people and adults who are new to electronics. After completion of this easy to assemble kit, you will have a miniature replica of Parallax’s Scribbler 2 Robot (S2).
This a great DIY Kit if you're just learning how to solder, and are new to electronic assembly techniques. However, even if you're a seasoned "DIY Veteran", this kit is fun to make.
After you've completed assembly, simply push the button to switch through all 7 LED colors!
The S2 Badge comes complete with PCB, all PCB mounted components, as well as a lanyard and battery.
- Complete DIY kit with all necessary components - just provide your own soldering iron and solder to assemble
- Battery is easily replaced for long life of the badge
- Only a few components to solder, which is a great way to learn
- "Smart" LED simplifies assembly with it's integrated controller
- Make robot earrings out of two assembled kits
- Hostin a "Learn How to Solder" party for friends or classmates
- Techie “mood” badge or medallion
- Graduation award for completion of an Scribbler 2 Robot class
- Holiday ornament
- Requires only "basic" electronic assembly techniques
- Seven-color “smart” LED with integrated controller
- Tactile pushbutton switch
- CR2032 lithium coin cell and holder
- Snap-on wheels
- Lanyard with snap
- Multipurpose lead bender, punch, and battery-removal too
- Dimensions: 1.5 in (38mm) diameter
- CR2032 battery included