This platform is rugged and designed to excel at traversing rough terrain and steep inclines, making it a great platform for performing tasks in a complex outdoor environment. The unique suspension system acts to keep each wheel in contact with the ground to enable maximum traction, even over rough or bumpy terrain.
The Propeller Project board and HB-25 Motor Controllers provide a reliable control system for this all-terrain robotics platform. The Propeller multicore microcontroller enables you to interface to add-on electronics and sensors for added functionality and mobility, all while monitoring them in real time and making accurate navigational decisions. The motor controllers included are capable of handling up to 30 A each, and provide a durable, easy-to-use method of driving the platform.
- Six brass-brushed DC motors with 34:1 gearboxes for maximum torque and speed
- Adjustable suspension to accommodate different load sizes and weights
- 2 mm thick corrosion-resistant anodized aluminum chassis plates for enhanced durability and longevity
- Max payload of 11 lb (5 kg), giving you the capability of carrying many different payloads
- Two underbody compartments enabling protection of your power supply and motor controllers
- 4 mm holes spaced every 10 mm provide many mounting options for additional sensors, electronics and hardware
- Robomagellan competitions
- Autonomous Robotic platform
- All-terrain R/C
Note: This robot is for low-friction, outdoor surfaces. Use indoors on carpeting may cause damage.
- Control Board Voltage: 5.5-16 V
- Motor Voltage: 2-7.5 V
- Top speed of 4.5 mph (7 km/h)
- Motor Stall Current: 6.6 A
- Motor No-Load Current: 420 mA
- Dimensions: 16.5" x 12" x 7" (420 x 300 x 178 mm)
- Weight: 7 lbs