This RS-232 Adapter board works as an optional attachment for the FlashFly system. This cost-effective solution is an easy way to interface the FlashFly system to a serial version Boe-Bot, Board of Education, HomeWork Board, Basic Stamp 2 Carrier Board, or any other serial version BASIC Stamp prototyping board. The basic purpose of the RS-232 adapter board is to convert the I/O signals to and from an RS-232 transmission level.
An additional benefit of the RS-232 module, when paired with the Base module, is that it can serve as an extra USB to COMM serial port adapter.
- Provides an easy interface for communicating with the FlashFly system
- When used with a Base module, this functions as an extra USB to RS-232 COMM port adapter (TX,RX,DTR) for BASIC Stamps
- Partially assembled kit for flexible configurations
- Works with the FlashFly (#28183) Remote module or Base module
- Wirelessly programming multiple Bot-Bots or applications simultaneously
Note: A USB A to mini B cable is required for use, but it is not supplied.
- Power requirements: come from a 3 pin 0.100" male header (5Vdc)
- Communication: DB-9 male connector
- Operating temp range: 40 to +185F (-40 to 85 C)
- Dimensions: 1.13" wide by 1.30" long (with headers)
- 1 - BWR-003 PCB - SMD components are pre-soldered
- 1 - DB-9 male straight connector -- User solders to top of the board
- 1 - 8-pin right angle 0.100" female header
- 1 - 3-pin 0.100" vertical header for easy power input
- Soldering iron (always wear safety glasses when soldering)
- Solder (some soldering experience required)