This kit uses QTI infrared emitter/receiver modules to easily enhance the line-following capability of your Boe-Bot, ActivityBot, or Arduino Shield-Bot robot. Mount three or four sensors underneath the chassis, and adjust the position to detect lines of different widths. Learning to use the QTI is easy with the illustrated instructions and example BASIC Stamp, C, or Arduino code in the Downloads and Documentation section below. This kit includes all the circuit and sensor hardware you need to add QTIs to your Parallax small robot.
- Designed for close proximity infrared detection
- Use as a digital sensor array to detect black lines in order to follow electrical tape courses or navigate mazes
- Use as an analog sensor to detect shades of gray
- Challenge your friends by setting up Boe-Bot line following competitions!
Note: You will need to supply your own robot, white poster board, and black electrical tape.
- (4) 10 k 1/4 watt resistors
- (4) 3-pin male-male headers
- (4) QTI sensor modules
- (4) 3/8" 4-40 pan-head screws
- (4) nylon washers
- (4) 1" round standoffs
- (4) 7/8 inch 4-40 pan-head screws
- (4) ½ inch round spacers
- (2) bags of 10 3" jumper wires
- (4) 12-inch servo cable extenders
- Printed 4-page documentation
QTI Line Follower AppKit Product Guide - 517.68 KB | updated: 25 Feb 2015 - 11:23 am
QTI Line Follower AppKit BASIC Stamp Example Code - 1.49 KB | updated: 27 Sep 2012 - 3:37 pm
QTI Line Follower Shield-Bot Arduino Code - 1.49 KB | updated: 21 Jan 2015 - 8:13 am
QTI Line Follower Propeller C Code - 2.05 KB | updated: 25 Feb 2015 - 12:46 pm